Dr. Kim graduated from University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston, Texas in 1998. Prior to studying at UTDB, he attended Baylor University. He has been in his current location since 2006. Since he began practicing dentistry, Dr. Kim has kept up-to-date on many continuing education classes, ensuring that his patients receive the most comprehensive and advanced dental care. Dr. Kim is a board certified periodontist (American Board of Periodontology). He is currently an active member of various organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- Houston Society of Periodontists
- Southwest Society of Periodontists
- American Academy of Periodontology
Past President of the Greater Houston Society of Periodontists.